Role Description: The successful applicant will report to the Health and Safety Manager. In order to succeed you will have a minimum of 3/4 years’ experience in Middle Management in a HSQE role preferably in Utilities/ Civils reporting to Senior Management and Directors ideally with a Main Contractor.
Duties of the role:
- Maintain and Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box Talks
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate)
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Promote the Company mission of being a healthy and incident and injury free work environment.
- Ensure that all employees have appropriate training, information, and knowledge to ensure that their work activities are carried out in a safe manner.
- Responsible for facilitating and conducting on-going safety training for all employees in the business, and ensuring that new employees (including agency personnel) receive timely inductions prior to commencing their role.
- Training records for all employees to be maintained in an appropriate systematic format, and in format that is consistent across all sites.
- Ensure that all activities across the business have robust and up-to-date risk assessments.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and training to ensure that all risks are appropriately managed.
- Continuously monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety policy and practice, and make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required.
- Conduct accident/incident investigations to identify root cause analysis and implement control measures to prevent reoccurrences
- Ensure Site Managers and Supervisors are actively engaged in the audit process and all Health and Safety systems.
- Provide site personnel with the appropriate training and systems to ensure that they can adequately monitor this. Conduct regular programme of audits to evaluate compliance with same.
- Ensure all internal and external health and safety reporting requirements are complied with.
- Operate Traffic Management Systems for projects
- Work with the EPA, HSA, RSA and all relevant public bodies who visit the sites to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and bodies
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Hold a relevant H&S Qualification
- Excellent knowledge of ROI legislation
- Full Clean Driving licence
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Expertise in gap analysis
- Excellent reporting skills
- Willingness to travel as required
- Be flexible and prepared to work in any required areas
- Motivated and diligent individual
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland
Please apply with CV to: email@example.com